Bubble shooter games have been around for some time, and can be found in various types. Before you start to play the game, it would help to find out more about the type of bubble shooter you’re playing – and the different modes that you can choose from.
To understand the different types and modes of bubble shooter games that are present – it helps to look at several areas.
In general bubble shooter games tend to have several different modes that may influence how you actually play the game:
- Shots limit mode is a mode where the number of shots you have to clear the field of play is limited and the goal is to use the least number of shots.
- Time limit mode is a mode that limits the duration you can spend and requires that you clear the field of play in the least amount of time.
- No limit mode is the classic gameplay that has no limit to the time or shots and the goal is to simply clear the field of play and accumulate the highest score.
- Two player or multiplayer mode is relatively rare but found in some variants of puzzle bobble. It produces an identical field of play for each player.
Some bubble shooter games may have other modes, but the most common are the 3 listed above.
The basic gameplay of bubble shooter is relatively similar across all its various types of games. It essentially involves firing a bubble of a particular color to hit other bubbles in the field of play and burst them by matching the right colors.
Despite the basic gameplay being similar however, there are some areas that may have differences such as the:
- Trajectory guide and the extent to which it displays the trajectory of each shot and its bounces.
- Upcoming queue and the number of balls that it shows in advance.
- Scoring system can vary with different versions of the game scoring ‘popped’, ‘dropped’, chain bonuses, and time bonuses differently.
- Power-ups that can be triggered in various ways and result in different types of ‘special’ shots.
- Chain bonuses in terms of score or other power-ups that can be triggered by chaining together shots.
The best way to get to know the gameplay differences between different versions of bubble shooter is by trying them out firsthand and observing each of the areas listed above.
Aside from the modes and types of bubble shooter listed above, there are many other ‘reskins’ of the game. If you want to see one for yourself you could take a look at Monkey Bubble Shooter.
All said and done it is worth taking a few minutes to understand the specifics of the type of bubble shooter game that you’re playing – as well as the modes that are available. It will make it a whole lot easier for you to overcome levels and start to rack up a much higher score.